SOUTHERN CLASSICS MADE-TO-ORDER. FRESH & NATURAL INGREDIENTS. TAKE OUT OR DINE IN.
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. premiers its breakout restaurant in Washington, D.C., serving biscuits and fried chicken by Chef Jason Gehring
Mason Dixie continues to garner attention on a national level, with accolades from Food Network Magazine, Garden & Gun, Martha Stewart Living, and more. Chef Jason Gehring spent the last two and a half years refining the menu for the fresh-fast concept through Mason Dixie’s stint at Union Market and various pop-ups throughout Washington, D.C.
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co.’s is a fresh-fast restaurant focusing on hearty biscuit sandwiches, juicy fried chicken, and creamy frozen hand-spun milkshakes. Mason Dixie serves versions of these delicious Southern roadside classics made-to- order, using fresh, preservative-free, hormone-free, and high quality local ingredients with heart-warming Southern hospitality.
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. offers diners a casual, family-friendly environment and delicious, affordable comfort food prepared and served by a team that turns customers into regulars and regulars into family.
Our scratch-made, chef-created biscuits and Southern fare are as diverse as the passionate team behind our food. We invite our guests and regulars to an inclusive and relaxed atmosphere that serves up craveable, comforting menu items crafted from the highest quality ingredients and hometown love.
We believe in:
- REAL comfort food that is made with real ingredients, by real people.
- Southern food that isn’t pretentious. Whether you’re rolling through a drive-thru for breakfast, grabbing lunch with a co-worker, or gathering with the whole family for a celebratory brunch, we want you to feel welcome, relaxed and comfortable.
- Inclusive Southern hospitality, with an emphasis on family, community and a more deliberate pace of life.
Meet Our Team
We are a team of passionate, diverse individuals who are committed to providing consistently delicious food in a comfortable, welcoming space – every time, to everyone. From our bakers and cooks, to our customer service representatives, to our team behind the operations and marketing side of the business, everyone involved with Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. operates like a big, diverse family. We are truly passionate about what we do – and have fun doing it together.
Meet Our Founders
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. prides our self as the company that makes ‘biscuits for misfits,’ a mantra that describes our inclusive, all-are-welcome approach to both our team members and customers that starts with our three co-founders: CEO Ayesha Abuelhiga, Executive Chef Jason Gehring and Chief Operation Officer Ross Perkins.
- Ayeshah is the Mama Bear behind the brand and the visionary behind the company’s national expansion, recently featured as one of Washington Business Journal’s Top 10 Innovators for 2017.
- Jason founded the opening menu of the iconic fast-casual restaurant Astro Fried Chicken and draws on more than 20 years of culinary experience to lead our restaurant concepting and menu development.
- With more than 10 years in finance and business management, Ross is working to make our ready-to-bake biscuits available to every biscuit-loving home in America by expanding the product coast to coast.
We Make Biscuits for Misfits.
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. brings people together. Whether it’s a plate of warm, homemade biscuits fresh from your oven at home, or a welcoming space serving Southern-inspired comfort food, we take pride in delivering scratch-made food from the highest quality ingredients so you can focus on your time with family and friends, not time spent in the kitchen. We make the biscuits. You make the memories.
- Are Hand-Made with Real Butter and Buttermilk
- Use Unbleached & Unbromated Flour
- Contain NO Preservatives
- Are GMO-Free
Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. biscuits are available in four crowd-pleasing flavors: Original Buttermilk, Cheddar, Sweet Potato, and Sweet Corn Biscuits. More flavors coming soon!
Find US at your favorite retailers!
We are Washington, DC born and bred, but now you can find America's Best Biscuit nationwide! Plug in your address or zip code below to find retailers that sell Mason Dixie Biscuits® near you.
Not available in your area? You can buy our biscuits online soon! Stay tuned...
Still Can't Find Us? Ask Your Local Store Manager!
If you’d like to request Mason Dixie Biscuits at your favorite store, you can download & print our Product Request Form to give to a manager. Or fill in the form to the right and we will deliver the message that you want your biscuits!
CATER YOUR NEXT EVENT WITH US!
Whatever your occasion, our food is ALWAYS a crowd-pleaser. Our modern Southern-inspired breakfast and lunch menu can be viewed HERE. Fill in the form below or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will respond within 24 hours to confirm your order.